Re: [Xen-users] iSCSI-LUN as VBD

Peter Simon wrote:

I've tested core-iscsi and it works pretty well with xen-3.0.2, SLES9,
Kernel 2.6.16 and our NetApp-Box :-)

Now I'm asking me, if their is something in core-iscsi to do persistent
LUN mapping, like this /dev/disk/by-id/...-thing in open-iscsi?

No core-iscsi maps the LUNs by using /dev/sd[LUN-ID in alphabetics]
eg
LUN0 is /dev/sda
LUN1 is /dev/sdb
LUN2 doesn't exist
LUN3 is /dev/sdc
The mappings are shifted if devices exist.

Gruesse aus dem Thueringer Wald

Martin Heller

--
Forschungsgemeinschaft