[Xen-users] vif showing up as eth1 (no eth0)

Is there any common reason why my network interface in a paravirtualized host would show up as eth1, but without an eth0 in the system? My vif line just says vif=['bridge=xenbr0'], and if I configure eth1 manually from whithin the guest it works fine, but I find it kinda weird.

This is with xen-unstable from 05/23, and the systems (both dom0 and domU) are kubuntu dapper.