[Xen-users] Server recommendations for running Xen/Debian?

  • To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Anton <anton.list@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 20:12:19 +1200
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 31 May 2006 03:47:42 -0700

Hi all,

Sorry for the slight off topicness, but I'm looking around for an OEM
Opteron server (more server will follow later) at the moment that will
run Xen 3.0 and Debian Sarge. Basically I'm looking for any ideas and
opinions about how well and how easily the hardware is supported by a
Xen/Debian environment (for both domUs and dom0). Ideally a server
with all the drivers in the vanilla Xen/Debian kernels or initrds -
although that might be being a little too optomistic. It's been a long
time since I've specced out a brand new server, and feel a little out
of touch choosing this new hardware :)

So far I'm thinking of either
a higher specced Sunfire 2100
a lower specced Sunfire 4100
or an HP DL145

But I'm still willing to consider other options if recommended.

Any input at all will be most welcome...

--
Cheers
Anton