[Xen-users] Xen basic concerns

Hello,

I'm just starting to explore the possibility of XEN, so my concerns will probably be very basic at the first time, sorry for that...

I have some servers running windows and linux, and I mainly would like to reduce cost of the hardware and reduce the offline time by having some xen host hardware running all the VM's. At this time I have some VMservers running under VMwareServer but i'm not really satisfied by the performances.

For my test machine I chosed an Asus P5LD2 Deluxe MB with an PentiumD930 for VT technology, 4Gb Ram an WD Raptor SATA 150Gb disks. In the future I plan to switch to Asus or Supermicro server boards.

Here are my questions:

1. Is the hardware I picked up a good choice to start dealing with XEN if I want to have Windows and Linux domU's ?

2. What would be the best (stable, easy to maintain) distribution to run dom0 ? At this time I mainly work with Novell Suse linux.

The novice I am will really apparciate any help available.

Axel