Re: [Xen-users] Xen on Apple Macbook Pro

Ralf Schmitt wrote:
> Grub doesn't work, because it is not able to "understand" the GPT. So I'm
> treated to use lilo (for a dual boot system mit Mac OS X).

Actually, it is possible to use grub in conjunction with a macbook pro firmware
upgrade (look at http://www.apple.com/macosx/bootcamp/). It kind of emulates a
standard MBR. But grub has problems with the A20 gate. There exists a patch to
fix this at http://www.heise.de/ct/06/10/links/133.shtml (it's in german, just
klick the link "Grub auf Intel-Macs"). Triple-booting OSX, Windows, Linux using
grub and rEFIt works fine.

XEN is also booting, but I haven't managed to boot a kernel yet, still
investigating the problem (but I reeeeeally like the VMXON DONE line :-) ).
Debugging is kinda hard because the macbook doesn't have a serial port, if
anyone knows how I still can capture XEN's output please let me know...

Michael