Re: [Xen-devel] RE: [Xen-users] Xen in a 32 way system

On 1 Jun 2006, at 18:00, Petersson, Mats wrote:

The line you have the BUG in is a VCPUOP_initialize, which ends up in
.../xen/common/domain.c: do_vcpu_op(), where it does essentially the
first thing is a check:
        if ((vcpuid < 0) || (vcpuid >= MAX_VIRT_CPUS))
                return -EINVAL;

And I think this check will fail if vcpuid is 32, unless MAX_VIRT_CPUS
is not the standard value in . RSI is 32 (0x20)

Our smpboot.c in Linux should only try to initialise context for cpus in cpu_possible_map. And that map is initialised by querying Xen about the state of each VCPU. So it's unclear how you can end up getting this crash. Looks like it needs some more tracing added...

 -- Keir