Re: [Xen-users] VT-ready workstation for SuSE10.1/Xen and Windows

From my (limited) understanding, no I don't think this box
will work.  The issue is that the chipset listed on the
motherboard is a Intel 5000x.

That's not one of the chipsets listed as supporting the VMX
technology on the following web page:

  http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/IntelVT

_Mike_

Terje J. Hanssen wrote:
I'm wondering if the new Dell Precision 490 workstation is/looks to be VT-ready, planning it for SuSE10.1/Xen and unmodifies Windows guest?

 From the system specs:
1-2 Dual-Core Intel Xeon 5000 series 64-bit processors
Intel 5000X chipset
Windows XP/Vista or Redhat EWS4 Linux

http://www.dell.com/content/products/productdetails.aspx/precn_490?c=us&cs=04&l=en&s=bsd&~section=specs#tabtop

Rgds,