Re: [Xen-users] VT-ready workstation for SuSE10.1/Xen and Windows

Yes, I also noticed the lack of this hardware on xenwiki's Intel VT
page. The question is however, if this page is up-to-date with this new
"next generation" dual-core hardware from Intel?

Here is an clip from the Intel web page with url below:
"..... Based on the Intel® 5000X chipset (Greencreek), Intel® 5000P
chipset (Blackford) and the Intel® 5000V chipset (Blackford-V), these
new products will provide new options for Intel I/O Acceleration
Technology and Intel Virtualization Technology, ..."
http://developer.intel.com/design/servers/2006_products.htm

Although this maybe doesn't verify precisely VT or not in the 5000x
workstation, I would be surprised if it isn't VT-enabled. This because
Intel the last year expressed a policy to support and told that VT would
be usual in (mostly every) new servers and workstations platforms in the
year to come.

Terje J. Hanssen