[Xen-users] Problem using the serial console on my Server

Hello

I run Xen 3.0 on debian stable. The Hardware Platform is a Intel Dual
Xeon Server Board (SE7520JR2) using the advanced management console.

The Advanced Management Console provides a console over serial/telnet.
Now my Problem is using this console. I add

com2=auto console=com2

to my xen kernel grub configuration. Then I get Xen and dom0s boot
output on the serial console. (without this I don't get any output on
the serial con).

However I can not get a getty to run on the serial port.

The linux kernel only finds one serial line on bootup, I suspect that
xen takes the second one.

When I boot a plain linux kernel I get a login prompt on the console.
(Even without specifying a console=ttyS1 on the kernel param line)

Can anyone help me getting a login prompt on the serial console?

Thank you and kind regards

Flavio

--
http://no-way.org/~fcu/