Re: [Xen-users] Problem using the serial console on my Server

On Fri, Jun 09, 2006 at 10:01:46AM +0200, Flavio Curti wrote:

> When I boot a plain linux kernel I get a login prompt on the console.
> (Even without specifying a console=ttyS1 on the kernel param line)
>
> Can anyone help me getting a login prompt on the serial console?

  Using grub I have the following options set:

#
# serial options:
# make sure that we have serial access so that bytemark magic works.
#
serial --unit=0 --speed=115200
terminal --timeout=10 serial console
default 0
timeout 5

  Then for Xen I have :

  ##
  ## Steve:  Added Xen kernel.
  ##
  title Xen 3.0 / XenLinux 2.6
  kernel /boot/xen.gz com1=115200,8n1
  module /boot/xen-linux-2.6.12.6-xen console=ttyS0,115200 max_loop=255
  module /boot/xen-modules-2.6.12.6-xen

  The combination of both of these seems sufficient to have serial
 access from bootup -> login.

  I hope that helps.

Steve