[Xen-users] Windows 2003 Guest on Xen?

  • To: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Turk, JohnX" <johnx.turk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2006 10:24:22 -0700
  • Cc: "Krig, Steve B" <steve.b.krig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Delivery-date: Fri, 09 Jun 2006 10:25:16 -0700

I was just wondering if anybody has ever successfully installed Windows Server 2003 as a guest OS running on Xen? I’m attempting to perform an installation from a CD on VT-enabled hardware. The Windows installer will begin to run, with its typical blue installer screen, but just seems to stop running at the part “Setup is Starting Windows”. I checked the xm dmesg, and I don’t see anything useful there…

Also, I’ve seen in the mailing list archives that some people have been using the serial port output. Does this provide more information than the xm dmesg?

Thanks,

John Turk