Re: [Xen-users] *BSD domU on Linux dom0?

On Sunday 11 June 2006 04:25, Dmitri Bichko wrote:
> Hi,
>
> It seems that all the FreeBSD and NetBSD Xen howtos I can find are for
> Xen version 2 - are there any up to date resources for running FreeBSD
> and NetBSD on Xen (domU)?
>
> More specifically, I want to run them as guests on a system running Xen
> 3.0.2 / Linux 2.6.16 (Debian sarge) as dom0.

There's a howto on NetBSD as domU which I wrote here:
http://disruptive.org.uk/2006/05/20/netbsd_as_xen_domu_on_suse_10.1_howto.html

For FreeBSD, it seems this is very experimental (i.e. the code isn't in any of
the standard stuff, including CURRENT, as far as I know).  But the stuff
which is here:
http://www.fsmware.com/xenofreebsd/7.0/download/config/xmexample1.bsd
certainly works for me as a domU (with SUSE as dom0).

--
Roger Whittaker
Primary  Support Engineer

Novell, Inc.