Re: [Xen-users] Best Distro for Xen, Software Raid and LVM

On Wed, Jun 14, 2006 at 09:48:16AM -0500, Tony Hernandez wrote:

>    I'm looking for people's experiences with distros that work best with Xen
>    3.0.2, software raid, and lvm.

  I'm currently using Debian Sarge + Sid in a similar setup.  The only
 decision I made was that I was going to have a "normal" root, to avoid
 any booting issues.

  So I have a 7Gb root partition with no raid/lvm, and then raid + lvm
 partition holding my domains.

  This might not be what you had in mind, but it is a nice safe setup
 if you can spare downtime in the event of root-partition trouble.

> The difficulty was only componded by both distros installing LILO.

  Debian will give you grub.

Steve
--
http://www.steve.org.uk/