RE: [Xen-users] AMD SVN and Xen3

Exactly which version of Xen are you running (copy of the output from
"xm info" would help!).

> Debian "SID"/unstable x64: Installs with many problems. Virtual
> paravirtualized domains stop with the comment "can't connect
> to network
> backend" - didn't try HVM due to problems with mentioned trouble.
>

> So all in all no luck. But there is a question: Does AMD64's SVM
> (Pacifica) work also when being in 32-Bit-mode? When thats the case I
> can check if the stuff is working using debian "Sarge" (thats supposed
> to work well) and maybe update later to AMD64 when Etch
> becomes stable.

We test both 32- and 64-bit versions of Xen when we make our
contributions to Xen-source, so it _SHOULD_ work. Of course, sometimes
we'll miss something in one direction or the other [I mostly develop on
a 64-bit base, so I personally know that my changes work on 64-bit
systems, but before it's submitted to Xen-Source, all changes should be
tested on 32-bit systems too], there's certainly no INTENTIONAL
differences. But since 64-bit version of Xen was a bit flaky early on,
the first version of Xen to work on SVM was the 32-bit version - so
since I saw that you got the 32-bit version working, perhaps you're
running an older version of Xen...

Also, not so long ago, SMP-version of the Hypervisor would cause all
sorts of problems, but it's been fixed for several weeks at least... Xen
changes very much from day to day...

--
Mats