[Xen-users] Looking for tips about Physical Migration on XEN

  • To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: "Igor Morgado" <igormorgado.listas@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2006 15:41:47 -0300
  • Delivery-date: Mon, 19 Jun 2006 11:42:46 -0700

Hi people.

Im new on Xen and I'm looking in how to do a physical migration on Xen. I know that there is a lot of choices (that is the first problem)

My environment is simple:

2 physical servers, each one running one instance of XEN. Each host has 2 gigabit cards. One to talk with the world, other to talk between theirselves.

I want to run the every vm on the both hosts, if one fail the other one can keep the work (something as heartbeat), but I want to choose if do a migration of every VM from one host to another with a lesser stop time possible.

How can I proceed? If there is some url about this please point me, Im looking for environments already tested on production and with a good performance/speed on migration.

Best regards.