Re: [Xen-users] dummy interfaces on a bridge?

  • To: "Chris Fanning" <christopher.fanning@xxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Esteban Sancho" <esteban.sancho@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 22:50:36 -0300
  • Cc: xen-users <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 18:51:18 -0700

Hi Chris,

I didn't test that but think it's a good oportunity for you to do so. :o)

I suppose that performance should be better since data don't have to
go through all the TCP layers.

Please let me know if you need any help configuring it. You'll need to
create a dummy interface in the Dom0 and configure a vif for the DomU
pointing to the bridge xend creates when it's started (something like
xenbr0).

Cheers,

Esteban

On 6/22/06, Chris Fanning <christopher.fanning@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Esteban,

> Could you please post your network configuration (ifconfig is OK) in
> both Dom0 and DomU? It could also be helpful if you post your vif line
> in the DomU configuration file.

Well, I haven't actually tied to do this yet so that means I haven't
run into any problems either. :)
I was just asking what you thought about the idea.

Will I get a faster network connection between dom0 and domU using a
dummy interface instead of a real nic?

Cheers.
Chris.