RE: [Xen-users] AMD64 AM2 supports Windows XP?

  • To: "Jens Gassmann" <jens.gassmann@xxxxxxxxx>, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: "Petersson, Mats" <Mats.Petersson@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 11:32:03 +0200
  • Delivery-date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 02:33:12 -0700

Windows is not working really fast with SDL - you have to bear in mind
also that the "fanciest" graphics card that the QEMU model supports is a
Cirrus Logic "SVGA" card (that is what it EMULATES, so it's not exactly
like you actually have the hardware there). For the moment, I wouldn't
really recommend running high-end graphical applications on this setup.
Some people seem to get good results with Remote Desktop however, so
that may be a choice - don't ask me more about it tho', as I'm just
reporting what I've read, and I havne't tried it myself.

--
Mats