[Xen-users] LVM

I could not install LVM at the beginning in Ubuntu.
I remember it only let me use LVM if I use it for all, however, I read, that you should not use the Xen Dom0 as LVM.

My installation is now:

Filesystem         Size      Used      Avail      Use%      Mounted on
/dev/sda1           4.1G        3.2G        831M    80%        /
/dev/sda2 3 G swap /dev/sda3 226G extended /dev/sda5 226G 41G 186G 19% /XenDomains /XenDomains/ubuntu.img 20G 2.2G 17G 12% /XenDomains/ubuntu

I never used ubuntu (or debian before) and never LVM, forgive me if I ask simple things.

Questions:

1. is it possible to convert the /dev/sda5 or /dev/sda3 to LVM?
I know it is used, maybe I need to resize /dev/sda5 first to just 50 G and than create a new partition /dev/sda6 for LVM.

2. since I created the ubuntu image with 20 G, but only use 2.2 G. The rest of the used partition are CD.images and could be created any time again.
Can I first reduce the image to 3 G?

3. Assuming it is possible, I could use than a bigger LVM space of 200 or even 223 G.
Can I than move the current ubuntu to the LVM?
That would make the space free and I could use this one to add to the LVM, since it is empty now.

Any thoughts? and more important HOW can I do that without loosing my DomU1 ???

bye

Ronald