Re: [Xen-users] Is it possible that save vm without destroy?

Am 28.06.2006 um 23:21 schrieb Thorolf Godawa:

Hi,

> And I want save vm1, but I don’t want vm1 destroy. But I command this.
> [root@localhost xen]# xm save vm1 vm1.save
> vm1 is destroyed…
> Is it possible that save vm without destroy?
what do you want to do with the saved VM later?

I would like to make backups at regular checkpoints without interrupting the VM

(currently I save, make backup, restore, but that takes a couple of minutes)

It is worthless because Xen only saves cpu- and memory-status but does NOT make a snapshot of the current filesystem-status.

correct, I totaly forgot the filesystem :-)

/sebastian

So if the VM is saved but running more time, the filesystem will change and get's out of sync with the saved cpu-/memory-status.

This can cause a crash, data-corruption ...
--

Chau y hasta luego,

Thorolf