RE: [Xen-users] Using physical disk in HVM

Did you install OS into sda5? Could you mount /dev/sda5 in domain0?
I can use physical partitions as virtual disks.

There are two ways to use a physical partition as virtual disk.
One way:
Native and VMX share the same MBR on /dev/sda. And the guest root fs is a
partition of domain0.
You can mount /dev/sda5 directly in domain0.
mount /dev/sda5 /mnt/

Another way:
VMX has created its own MBR in /dev/sda5.
To mount the guest root fs you have to add an offset.
mount -o offset=32256 /dev/sda5 /mnt/

With the 1th way
You should use disk = [ 'phy:sda,ioemu:hda,w' ]
And the grub on sda should have a grub entry for hvm.

Thanks
Yunfeng