Re: [Xen-users] xen will only load images built for xen v3.0

Hi Jeffery,

I am not sure if this will help, but many months ago, I ran into a similar problem as Geza while trying to use Mandriva 2006.0 as my host system: networking would not work. I switched the host (Dom0) to Debian, running the "unstable" version (of the 2.0.x series, I believe; I am fairly certain it is not 3.0.x, as this was before 3.0.x was released officially)

My DomU's are all Mandriva, though :-)

I am thinking of upgrading to the latest 3.0.x (I have another machine I can test things on first) but wanted to see what sort of bugs others are experiencing first.

I would like to have my host system as Mandriva, preferably installed via RPM. I suspect Mandriva Cooker, or possibly the 2007.0 tree that is in "devel" may have more up-to-date builds than the pre-release snapshot of 3.0.0, though I have not yet looked and am not sure if they are "improved", though the person who wrote that How-To you linked to in your post seems to have been successful on a 2006.0

Your problem, however, Jeffery, sounds like you are trying to run a DomU that you were previously running under 2.0.x and are now trying to run on a 3.0.x system?

-Alan