RE: [Xen-users] HVM configuration

  • To: "Jürgen Ladstätter" <jl@xxxxxxxxxx>, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: "Petersson, Mats" <Mats.Petersson@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2006 11:39:23 +0200
  • Delivery-date: Mon, 03 Jul 2006 02:41:12 -0700

That looks like an OK configuration. I would of course prefer to have an X2 processor so that Dom0 and DomU can run in parallel, particularly if you're trying to run more than one DomU.

In the past, I've had OK experience with ECS, but I prefer the more established brands of Tyan, MSI, Gigabyte, Asus, etc. Of course, that's just my personal experience, and if you've got good experience with ECS, then go for it - note that each model of motherboard has it's own set of problems, so just because company A usually produce good products, doesn't mean that product X is going to be good. It just improves the chances a little bit. The ECS RS485M motherboard is on our list of recommended boards for that processor, so that's a good sign, although yours is listed as RS485M-M, which I guess is a variant of the same board...

And as this page tells us, it supports pretty much every AM2 processor produced, so it's probably not a bad choice for future "expansion" (say to an X2 processor).

--
Mats