Re: [Xen-users] Xen kernel and QLogic driver

 > On Tue, Jul 04, 2006 at 05:10:42PM +0800, Quoc Thuan Ho wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > Any one know how to enable Fiber Channel QLOGIC driver for xen kernel?
> > This driver is available in CentOS4.3 as default. But when i compile
> > xen-3.0.2-2 with linux-2.6.16 or xen-3.0.1with linux-2.6.12, the
> > driver is not there.
> >
> > I tried to turn on QLOGIC by using "make menuconfig" and modified
> > .config file but there is no change in
> > /lib/modules/2.6.x-xen/kernel/drivers/scsi after recompiling kernel
> > and the new kernel cannot detect Fiber Channel QLOGIC. Any solution?
> >
> > Thanks in advance.
> >
> > HoQT

I just recently got this working with Xen 3.0.2-2 with linux-2.6.16 kernel
on suse 10.1  Make sure that the qla2xxx driver is compiled into the
kernel.  I believe everything that you need is there by default.  Download
and install the qlogic-firmware-1.0-11 rpm.  I got mine from rpmfind.net.
If you want to make sure that you have the latest version go to
ftp://ftp.qlogic.com/outgoing/linux/firmware/ and get the file for your
card.  Place it in /lib/firmware/.  Add qla2xxx to /etc/sysconfig/kernel
on the line  INITRD_MODULES: INITRD_MODULES="... ... qla2xxx".
In /etc/modprobe.conf add the following at the bottom of the file:
alias scsi_hostadapter1 qla2xxx
alias scsi_hostadapter2 qla2xxx
(The above is for a dual port adapter.)
In /etc/modprobe.conf.local add:
options qla2xxx ql2xfdmienable=1
Make a new initrd for your kernel:
mkinitrd -k vmlinuz-2.6.16-xen -i initrd-2.6.16-xen.img
Make the appropriate entry in /boot/grub/menu.lst:
title XEN
    root (hd0,2)
    kernel /boot/xen.gz dom0_mem=384000 com1=115200,8n1
    module /boot/vmlinuz-2.6-xen root=/dev/sda3 vga=0x317 resume=/dev/sda2
splash=silent showopts console=ttyS0, 115200
    module /boot/initrd-xen  <==here-this is a soft link that I created in
the /boot directory to initrd-2.6.16-xen.img.
HTH
John

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

This e-mail and the files transmitted with it are intended solely for the
use of addressee.  If you are not the intended recipient, or a person
responsible for delivering this e-mail to the intended recipient, you are
hereby notified that you have received this e-mail in error and that any
use, dissemination, distribution, forwarding, printing, or copying of this
email is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this e-mail in error,
please notify the sender immediately by replying to this e-mail and
deleting it from your computer.