[Xen-users] Dom0 hang on SuSE 9.3 IA64

I'm having problems booting Dom0 on an unbranded server.

Server is running SuSE 9.3 x86_64 and has been working fine for a couple of years as a standard boot pc. I installed the 2.0.5c version of Xen which is part of the SuSE repository. I cannot boot into Xen though, booting Dom0 stops after:
   NET: Registered protocol family 16
I know from a normal boot that the next part is PCI scanning so maybe that's what is going wrong. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

/boot/grub/menu.lst
color white/blue black/light-gray
default 0
timeout 8
gfxmenu (hd0,0)/boot/message

###Don't change this comment - YaST2 identifier: Original name: xen###
title Xen
   kernel (hd0,0)/boot/xen.gz dom0_mem=2000000
module (hd0,0)/boot/vmlinuz-xen root=/dev/sda1 vga=normal selinux=0 console=tty0 noresume showopts 3
   module (hd0,0)/boot/initrd-xen

###Don't change this comment - YaST2 identifier: Original name: linux###
title SUSE LINUX 9.3
kernel (hd0,0)/boot/vmlinuz root=/dev/sda1 vga=normal selinux=0 console=tty0 resume=/dev/sda2 showopts
   # was vga=0x317 splash=silent
   initrd (hd0,0)/boot/initrd

thanks
--