Re: [Xen-users] Duplicating disk files

On Fri, Jul 28, 2006 at 09:12:39AM -0700, Glenn W. Bach wrote:

> Why I try to do the same with Xen, I get an error when I try to
> boot the new VM. Some error expecting an integer.
> Then `xm list` shows the original VM loaded twice, when in fact the
> original is running and and second one which was a copy of
> the first failed to run. I am copying the file when the original is shutdown.
>
> Is there any way to duplicate a working disk image file?

  It works for me under Debian.  I'd suggest the most probably cause
 is that you've not updated the Xen configuration file.

  To duplicate a Xen guest you need to:

    1.  Duplicate the disk image, and make appropriate networking
       changes (as you suggest).

    2.  Duplicate the /etc/xen/${name}.cfg file.

  I wonder if you didn't update the configuration file for the copy?
 Specifically you'll want to give it a new "name = " entry.

Steve
--
http://xen-tools.org/