[Xen-users] changing MAC address makes VM unreachable

I'm using 3.0.2-3 and have gotten a matching user report from someone using
3.0.1.

After powering off a VM, changing its MAC address and rebooting, it becomes
unreachable.

I made sure all ARP caches expired first before trying to contact the VM.
Looking at the network traffic shows the ARP who-has query hanging
indefinitely.  "brctl showmacs xenbr0" also shows the old, working entry has
gone before the problem occurs.  I tried arping -A variations from within the
VM with no success.

Before I investigate further, does anyone know why this is happening and/or any
workarounds?

Thanks,
Tim