Re: [Xen-users] Very poor VNC performance

On 10.08.2006 20:58, Andrej Radonic wrote:
>> The vnc performance is very poor, also the real cursor and the vnc
>> cursor always have an ~1cm dictance on the screen. Normally the vnc
>> cursor and the real cursor are on top of each other.
>>
>> What can be wrong? How I can fix this?
>>
> Fabian,
>
> probably nothing wrong, just the way things go with that kind of setup.
> It just works - but not more.
> For (possible) optimizations have a look here:
>
> http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/Research/SRG/netos/xen/readmes/user/user.html#SECTION04340000000000000000

Thank you for your answer andrej, I will try out the described
optimizations from the user manual.
I hope there will be another method to administrate the virtual machine
over network. The SDL console is better useable over SSH X11 forwarding
than VNC, the only problem is that I can't attach the console. :/
An attach function would be fine.

> Otherwise I would strongly suggest you go for some kind of RDP remote
> connection, like using rdesktop if you are sitting on a Linux client.

Yes RDP works fine, I'm allready using it. But only works if the guest
OS is allready seted up.
greetings

Fabian