Re: [Xen-users] AM2 Motherboard Hardware Recommendations

On Tuesday 15 August 2006 11:40 am, higgers wrote:
> Has anyone got any
> hardware recommendations for AM2 motherboards that they've used
> successfully with Xen?

I'm running on an Asus M2NPV-VM.

> Also, what's the performance on the forcedeth network drivers for the NV5
> chipset like?  Can you get anywhere near gigabit speeds?  I saw some
> benches a few weeks ago that put the broadcom chips as the best performing
> network chipsets under Linux.  However, I've not seen any Am2 motherboards
> with onboard broadcom network controllers.

I haven't done any benchmarking, but from what I understand, it would be quite
difficult to get Intel/Broadcom performance.

However, you can get PCI-E Broadcom NICs. We have one here.

--
James Oakley
Engineering - SolutionInc Ltd.