Re: [Xen-users] Re: Disk images for server environment?

On Monday 14 August 2006 01:13, Matthew Palmer wrote:
> It slows down disk accesses by quite a bit, as the dom0 has to go through a
> whole extra layer (the dom0 VFS layer) to get to your data.  *Definitely*
> not a good thing for production.

I agree with this.  Having a base install of a server (or several different
types of servers) in disk images is good, however, as it makes them more
portable.  You could then just mount the disk image on a loopback and copy it
over to the LVM-backed DomU; that's what I do here, and it works *great*.

-Alan