Re: [Xen-users] Security Violation?

On Wed, Aug 16, 2006 at 11:16:02AM +0200, Frederic Stumpf wrote:

> >  Probably what is happening is that you have Firefox running in dom0
> > already - so when you run the *new* firefox in domU it doesn't actually
> > start a new process and export the display, instead it connects to
> > your already-running instance and just creates a new window.
>
> I don't think that this is the issue, since there is a strong isolation
> between the processes running inside the VM and Dom0.

  Try it with two random non-Xen hosts.  The same thing happens.

  1.  Run firefox on the local host.

  2.  Run "ssh -X  remote.host firefox"

  3.  Notice a new window.  Notice that it is a new window belonging
    to the *local* firefox.  (You can tell by things like bookmarks/
    start page/whatever.)

> It is a curiose problem I never encountered.

  This is not a Xen-specific problem, but an issue with firefox which
 suprises people often.  Mozilla behaves the same way.

  Testing this is easy if you have two hosts with firefox/mozilla
 installed.

Steve