Re: [Xen-users] Error: Device 0 (vif) could not be connected. Backend device not found.

Tracy R Reed wrote:
> [root@cpu01 ~]# /usr/sbin/xm create /etc/xen/auto/temp1
> Using config file "/etc/xen/auto/temp1".
> Error: Device 0 (vif) could not be connected. Backend device not
> found.

So I had the bright idea of deciding I would see what happens if I just
comment out the vif = [ '' ] line in the xen config file and create the
domU.

[root@cpu01 linux-2.6.16.13-xen]# /usr/sbin/xm create /etc/xen/auto/temp1
Using config file "/etc/xen/auto/temp1".
Started domain temp1
[root@cpu01 linux-2.6.16.13-xen]#

And then the box hung solid. No network, no console. The console is
blanked and it will not unblank. Even hitting scroll lock on the
keyboard does nothing. It has done this a couple of times before when
doing various different things like when I restart xend.

I am quite puzzled as to why it was so relatively easy to set up my home
machine with xen and it has been stable for a year but I can't get this
cluster to work.

--
Tracy R Reed                           http://ultraviolet.org