Re: [Xen-users] Deploying redhat clusters under Xen 3.0.2

On Fri, 2006-08-18 at 22:42 +0200, carlopmart wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>   I need to deploy different RedHat servers with Cluster Suite under Xen
> (using Intel VT hardware for hosts). To accomplish this, I need to setup
> a virtual shared storage disk to serve for several nodes. Can Xen 3.0.2
> support disk locking feature to deploy clusters (Load balancing and HA
> configs) as vmware products support? Is this feature supported by xen?
> And my last question: can I use virtual scsi disk to use as a shared
> storage?
>
> Many thanks.

Some more information about your cluster would be helpful :) How many
nics per node, and is one of those nics talking to a private gig-e
network?

We use xen to help manage or completely contain everything from open SSI
to our own pound / lighty / drbd / heartbeat based concoctions and quite
frankly I can't see doing without Xen in the future when it comes to
both ha / load balanced and hpc clusters.

Have you looked at gfs?

Cheers
-Tim