[Xen-users] CONFIG_ROOT_NFS?

I'm trying to build a linux/xen kernel that will run with an NFS root,
with out much luck.

I've edited src/xen-3.0.2-2/linux-2.6.16-xen/.config to include

CONFIG_NFS_FS=y  (was =m)
CONFIG_ROOT_NFS=y (wasn't there)

after running "make kclean" and make "kernels" CONFIG_ROOT_NFS is gone
(though the edit to CONFIG_NFS_FS remains):

#
# Network File Systems
#
CONFIG_NFS_FS=y
CONFIG_NFS_V3=y
# CONFIG_NFS_V3_ACL is not set
CONFIG_NFS_V4=y
CONFIG_NFS_DIRECTIO=y
CONFIG_NFSD=m
CONFIG_NFSD_V3=y
# CONFIG_NFSD_V3_ACL is not set
CONFIG_NFSD_V4=y
CONFIG_NFSD_TCP=y
CONFIG_LOCKD=y
CONFIG_LOCKD_V4=y
CONFIG_EXPORTFS=m
CONFIG_NFS_COMMON=y
CONFIG_SUNRPC=y
CONFIG_SUNRPC_GSS=y
CONFIG_RPCSEC_GSS_KRB5=y
CONFIG_RPCSEC_GSS_SPKM3=m
CONFIG_SMB_FS=m

It seems to match other NFS root kernels I've built in every way I
think is important.  Does this conflict with Xen in some way or am I
over looking something basic?

If anyone id running linux-2.6.16-xen with NFS root a .config would be
appreciated.

Thanks,
-Jon