RE: [Xen-users] What does Maxmem do?

  • To: "Fabian Holler" <fho@xxxxxxxxxxx>, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: "Petersson, Mats" <Mats.Petersson@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2006 13:31:22 +0200
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 24 Aug 2006 04:32:14 -0700

Maxmem tells how much "space to reserve" for future growing of the
guest, so that you can use the ballon driver to expand the memory at a
later stage. If you don't supply a maxmem, it's possible that you can't
grow the memory later one, since the page-table (for example) can't be
expanded later on.

You can find some more info by searching for Xen Maxmem, although you
may have to read a few different posts to get it clear...

--
Mats