Re: [Xen-users] iSCSI target - run in Dom0 or DomU?

Can't you do RAID inside the disk controllers? It's much better than
software hardware (with real raid controllers).

I'm not sure I agree. Years ago I used some really nice Compaq Smartarray things which were simply excellent, but ever since then I have been disappointed by hardware raid. Slow and clunky...

I bought a couple of 3ware cards recently and haven't been impressed with their raid 5 performance at all. 20Mb/s max read/write rates...

Software raid under linux is pretty good and will probably outperform anything but a really top end hardware controller (think decent SCSI cards)

Ed W