RE: [Xen-users] Is it possible to run two or more multiboot linux installations on a single drive using Xen.

  • To: "nbitspoken" <nbitspoken@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <Xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "You, Yongkang" <yongkang.you@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 23:46:11 +0800
  • Delivery-date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 08:47:45 -0700

I think you want run 1st partition as Domain0 and 2nd partition as XenU (guest).

The answer is yes. XenU doesn't need boot loader, right? So what you need to do
is to use physical device as the disk configuration for xenU. For example:
disk = [ 'phy:/dev/hda2, hda2, w' ]
root = "/dev/hda2 ro"

The 2nd partition's domU kernel is okay, if your Dom0 can access it and be
compatible with it.

Best Regards,
Yongkang (Kangkang) 永康