Re: [Xen-users] To Xen or not to Xen

  • To: "Stephen Yum" <steveyum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "François Levasseur" <francois.levasseur@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 20:57:36 -0400
  • Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 17:58:19 -0700

Ok I already have a memcached server, a static server (lighttpd), and a database server. I also have a load balancing server to distribute http requests.

I have an opteron that is already fill up with dynamic http request (php, apache2-prefork). So I bought a new one, with 2 cpus dual core.

I wonder if I'll get more performance with Xen and two or four domUs? If so, why?