RE: [Xen-users] To Xen or not to Xen

Hi

> I wonder if I'll get more performance with Xen and two or four domUs? If
so, why?

Why do you think you will get any better performance with Xen than without?
Xen is great for a lot of things, especially bundling multiple servers on
one hardware.

BUT Xen - as every other layer of software you use - will always take some
performance.
Xen is very lightweight for CPU usage and memory access, but actually slows
down harddrive and network access. Depending on your usage maybe very
little, maybe much.

You can get tons of new possibilities using Xen at a very low penalty, but
you will never get more performance....

Anybody disagree? But please argue.

Regards,
  Steffen