Re: [Xen-users] To Xen or not to Xen

I think you'd find your best performance just by breaking up LAMP, if
thats the intended use of the rig :)

Keeping mysql and Apache (or your web server of choice) on different
dom-u's means all services have easier times finding contiguous blocks
of cache to take to keep more child servers active during peak load
times.

I'd actually create 3 guests, and just leave the scheduling at default

2 of them web servers, using a central SQL server, for a total of 3.

You can also play around with scheduling later to tweak and learn. I try
to keep everything that malloc()'s much more than it needs (like
apache / mysql) on different dom-u's, whenever possible.

Another config would be use 2 guests, one for sql, one for everything
else. 'Elbow room' in cache is the idea, but having a failover for one
(or both) would be ideal.

HTH

-Tim