Re: [Xen-users] domUs high memory usage (FC5 -- Xen 3.0.2)

On Sunday 03 September 2006 1:26 pm, dgreen@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> all the memory for such a period of time.  So, you're saying that each
> time I do a top on a VM I will see 'Mem: 262284k total, 256996k used' and
> that this is normal?

to get a feel of memory usage, top isn't too appropriate, better use 'free'.
it will show three lines: mem, -/+ buffers, and swap.  the first one is the
same that top shows: total, used, free, shared, buffers and cached. the last
one is for virtual mem, but the second one (-/+ buffers) is more interesting;
it simply adds the 'freeable' ram (buffers+cached) to the 'free' column, and
substracts it from the 'used' column.  so it shows the really committed
memory.

--
Javier