Re: [Xen-users] unable to mount foot fs on unknown-block - SOLVED

Hi folks,

sorry to have wasted time and ressources - it was just a typo.

I had

disc=['phy:/dev/LVMvg01/XenTestBoot,sda1,w', ...

instead of

disk=['phy:/dev/LVMvg01/XenTestBoot,sda1,w', ...

Typically german mistake, I guess. :-(

Dirk

Dirk H. Schulz schrieb:

Hi folks,

I try compiling the current Xen stable (3.0.2) on Debian Sarge.

dom0 is running fine, but domU kernel panics with "unable to mount root fs on unknown-block". I have compiled scsi block dev in and use "phy:/dev/LVMvg01/XenTest-boot,sda1,w" as my root device. root config is also given: root="/dev/sda1 ro".

I have copied the compiled kernel modules to /lib/modules of the domU file system, so loading the modules should not be an issue.

Do I have to setup an initrd file system for domU? I did not have to with Xen 2.x (this is my first 3.x experience for quite a long time).

I have googled the world an searched the list archives but found nothing enlightening.

Any hint or help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Dirk