Re: [Xen-users] Error on DomU with xencons=ttyS

On Tue, 19 Sep 2006 17:11:04 -0700 (PDT)
Luke Crawford <lsc@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> >  /bin/mingetty[2399]: tty1: cannot open tty: No such device or address
>

> /dev/tty1-6 are  your virtual consoles (on a regular linux box, pres
> alt-f1, alt-f2, etc, to reach the other consoles)  Xen only supports one
> console.  (for xm console)  so when init tries to start getty on one of
> the other, non-existant consoles, it fails, and attempts to re-start over
> and over again (thus the respawning to fast error.)

Thanks for your comment.

I know behavior of init.
But I understand that DomU is the same as Vanilla Linux
except some part of a kernel.
So I think that /etc/inittab should be the same as Vanilla Linux.
Is my view right?

Best regards,
Katsuhito Minai