Re: [Xen-users] Proposal for a xen-users(/devel?) netiquette

On Tuesday 19 September 2006 20:21, Henning Sprang wrote:
> Therefore, I propose getting some important rules together for posting
> to this list, and publish them at some central point (e.g. at the
> subscription page at xensource), so  new people can read it _before_
> subscribing.

i agree.

but, maybe, there must be a review of existant mailing lists.
i am one of "the bad guy", but tecnically speaking there is some problem
on "givin' help":

> 7)  Use an appropriate list - xen-users for question about usage of
> stable versions, xen-devel for reporting and discussing problems with
> unstable/testing versions.

let's see thread "Ethernet MTU".

if you follow both users and devel ml you gain two different and both
important point.

As long as developer only stay on devel, you will never "take the point" of
why xen is having that behavior (3 interface limit, max mtu, and so on).
that is the point.
maybe a screening from users to devel is needed, perhaps made by some
moderator...

imho, a moderated list (with more devels that read less mail) could be "the
solution"

my 2 cents

bye
d.