[Xen-users] RE: [Xen-devel] Oprofile-0.9.2 problem with xen-unstable

Hello Will, Padma and All,

I will try the patch the oprofile-0.9.2 by the new patch given by you.
For now, I am trying to use the oprofile-0.9.1 and am able to start
oprofile profiler on the host OS. However, when I try to do it on the
guest OS, I get the following error:

This worked !!!!!
vm01:~# opcontrol --vmlinux=/boot/vmlinux-syms-2.6.16.13-xen

however this failed !!!
vm01:~# opcontrol --start
Using default event: CPU_CLK_UNHALTED:100000:0:1:1
Using 2.6+ OProfile kernel interface.
Reading module info.
Failed to open profile device: Operation not permitted
Couldn't start oprofiled.
Check the log file "/var/lib/oprofile/oprofiled.log" and kernel syslog

Do you have any ideas?

Thanks,
Nikhil