[Xen-users] missing /dev/pts and /dev/shm on domU

Hello!

I set up an Xen-3.0.2-3 on an Ubuntu 6.06 as dom0.
Then I installed a paravirtualized Scientific Linux 3 linux
(RHEL3/centos3 clone) as domU. I replaced the modutils.

The systems boot and I can login on console. But I can't login
via ssh, because the /dev directory seems to be
replaced by a udev process in the initrd.

In detail the folder /dev/pts and /dev/shm are missing and /dev/null
get the wrong permissions. If I create the folder and set the
permission by hand it works for the session, but after reboot
the files are vanished and the /dev/null device got the wrong permission
again.

On the domU I don't see a running udev.

Where is the place to configure these things? Should I try to
install udev on the domU (this seems to be complicated)?

best regards!

sven