Re: [Xen-users] Creating telnet access to console

service xen_vpn_test
{
        disable         = no
        type            = UNLISTED
        socket_type     = stream
        protocol        = tcp
        user            = root
        wait            = no
        port            = 9001
        server          = /usr/sbin/xm
        server_args     = console vf-VPN-TEST
}

I'm unable to login to the domain, the telnet connection is closed directly without any output.

Hi,

I tried the same as you and it works for me. I use a FC5 xen0/xenU
(uname -r => 2.6.17-1.2174_FC5xen0). This is what I did:
o Add a file with name xen (this name is unimportant) to /etc/xinetd.d
with the contents as you published. I only changed the domU system name.
o killall -HUP xinetd
o telnet localhost 9001   #This worked. I had to hit CR a couple of
times though.
o telnet on a remote machine also worked.

Maybe ..
o you can check whether port 9001 in dom0 is taken by an other process.
o try first with localhost
o check with  ethereal if some messages are exchanged.
o check with top/ps if you see the xm executable launched

Good luck.
Jaap Krabbendam.

--
This message has been scanned for viruses and is believed to be clean