Re: [Xen-users] Xen properties

Probably best to avoid cross posting of general questions :)

Xen is not Virtuozzo. If you allocate a resource to a guest, that
resource is for the exclusive use of that guest, unless you're using
some kind of network block device and shared file system.

> - Max actice VMs per Host?
> - Max virtual CPUs?
> - Max virtual Memory
> - Max Virtual Disk Size
> - Max Virtual Disks

However you want to divvy up the resources of the host node (dom-0) and
export any network attached storage present.

I think reading the Xen documentation would help you more on the basics
than asking the list :)

> - flexible configuration for RAM Memory (Scheduler)?

You can't turn Xen into virtuozzo. You can't turn lead into gold (or
gold into lead). I fear, however the efforts extolled on both endeavors
will be disturbingly equal.

There is a credit scheduler available in unstable that is quite nice and
preferred if you want to use Xen to re-sell dom-u's (which looks like
your purpose due to the questions).

There is no practical way to make Xen more like Virtuozzo, you can *not*
over-sell resources. Any attempts to do so simply retards Xen. Some have
reported success with OpenVZ running as a fully virtualized Xen guest,
but no real feedback on performance.

> Exept the Management Console, is there any different between Xen and Xen
> Enterpise?

You really need to read up on Xen Enterprise, www.xensource.com is your
best bet with plenty of FAQ's regarding XenEnt as well as a handy link
to the wiki :)

> Best regards,
> Avilash

Best,