[Xen-users] Running MS Windows as domU without Intel VT?

  • To: Xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: "Alex Polite" <notmyprivateemail@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2006 16:39:07 +0200
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 27 Sep 2006 07:39:54 -0700

Hi again.

I noticed that wine won't run under Xen. I use Internet Explorer under
Wine  to test sites I build. (My alternative is to run IE via VNC
which is sort of sluggish.) I've tried to google this but get drowend
in posts about Xen, XP and Intel VT.

Is it at all possible to run XP under Xen without a VT CPU (maybe
using some "improved" version of XP?)

alex

BTW, thanks to those who responded about resource monitoring. For now
I've turned of swapping in one of my domUs  that was thrashing the
entire system. This gives my some strange messages in the syslog when
I run out of memory but the domU seems to hold up anyway. I'll put in
another DIMM and hopefully that will be the end of it.

--
Alex Polite