RE: [Xen-users] Running MS Windows as domU without Intel VT?

  • To: "Alex Polite" <notmyprivateemail@xxxxxxxxx>, Xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: "Petersson, Mats" <Mats.Petersson@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2006 16:44:25 +0200
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 27 Sep 2006 07:45:31 -0700

I don't understand why wine shouldn't work under Xen - what symptoms do
you have?
[I have not much knowledge of how wine works, so there may be something
obvious that I've missed...]

It sounds like something that someone with the right knowledge could fix
quite easily...

> Is it at all possible to run XP under Xen without a VT CPU (maybe
> using some "improved" version of XP?)

Maybe VMWare's approach will work for you? That, as far as I know, works
without any "new technology" in the CPU.

--
Mats