Re: [Xen-users] Xen + Windows + Intel VT-x stability

noniko <hitumabushi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have recently used SUSE10.1+Xen+WindowsXP(no Service
> Packs)+IntelVT(Core Duo 2.0GHz).
>
> It took :
>
> 30 minutes from start Setup CD to complete.
> 30 minutes from start SP2 installation disk to patch SP2 complete.
> 20 minutes to complete windows update.
>

> Virtualized network and CD-ROM drive are available.
> SXGA display window has been realized by Intel 945G onboard graphic.
> I could use GIMP to take screenshot and a text editor to write some
> documents.
>
> And I have never seen XP crash yet.
>
> That's some of my experience to use virtualized Windows by Xen.
> Sorry it's quite ambiguous, without any evident data.
> But I could say using virtualized Windows is much better than I had
> expected.

My suggestion:

Did you follow some Howto for the Suse+Windows installation? If not,
could you think of writing one with screen shots included? Such a
practical howto and getting started is just what most of the many
current  "dual-boot users" need to be able to startup with Xen for
running Linux+Windows.

I think many average Linux/Windows users (included myself) are very
interested to try out Xen just for this Linux+Windows installation and
setup on their desktop or workstation. But they don't know how to start
and how to do it, and I haven't seen a practical Howto for it yet. Also
most of potential average users neither understand much of the
discussion and technical terms on this list on beforehand; though it may
be useful for them in the next phase having a working installation and
setup to relate it to.

Rgds,

Terje J. Hanssen